My Psalm 34

Bob Hostetler

Adonai, I will bless you at all times;
your praise will flow unceasingly from my mouth.

Bless the Lord, says my heart, my soul;
let the least and lowest hear my praises and be glad.

Glorify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name in unison.

Desperately I seek you, Lord, and you heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears.

Help me to fix my eyes on you, that my countenance will be lightened
and my face not ashamed.

Out of my poverty, I cried to you,
and you heard me, Lord, and saved me out of all my troubles.

Surround me and mine with your angel host,
and let them protect and deliver us.

I have tasted, Lord, and I know that you are good;
feed me again with your wonderful presence, renew my trust in you.

I bless you, Lord, with all your saints;
let neither me nor mine, my staff nor my church suffer want.
Prove your goodness and generosity;
though the young lions go hungry, let us who seek you enjoy your abundance.

Empower me to teach your children the fear of the Lord.
Enable me to impart to all who desire real life and true prosperity
the good you have stored up for your children.

Keep my tongue from evil, and my lips from deceit.
Deliver me from evil, and let me do good;
help me seek peace, and pursue it.

Let your eyes be on me, Lord, and open your ears to my cry.
Turn your face against those who do evil,
who spread discord,
who lash out and falsely accuse your servants.
Frustrate them, Lord.

Hear the cries of the righteous, and deliver us out of all our troubles.
Be close to me, Lord, in my weariness;
save, for I am running on empty.

However many troubles lie ahead, deliver me from them all.
Let none of them even “break the skin.”
Let the evil of the wicked be their own undoing;
totally thwart those who frustrate your righteous servants.

Redeem my soul, Lord, moment by moment.
I trust in you. Let me not be disappointed. Amen.

No comments: