My Psalm 47

I clap my hands, God of all nations;
I shout to you, Lord, with joyful phrases.

You are awesome, LORD Most High,
you are the great King over all the earth!

In Christ, whole nations are under my feet;
seated with him, I am more than conqueror.

You chose a great inheritance for me,
greater even than Jacob, whom you loved, knew in his day.

Ascend with shouts of joy, Lord God;
let your kingdom come in like the noisiest royal procession.

I sing praises to you, God, I sing praises;
I sing praises to my King, and will sing even more praises.

For you, O God, are the King of everything there is;
I sing to you my psalm of praise.

You reign over Hamilton and Oxford;
you look down on Ohio from your holy throne.

There is no nobility or significance
apart from you, Lord God,
apart from my position in the people of the God of Abraham,
for even kings and presidents and prime ministers belong to you;
you are exalted high above the highest of the high.

No comments: