My Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O Lord my God;
listen to my prayer.
I call to you
from this dark little corner;
I call out from a weak and wounded heart:
lead me to the rock that is higher than I,
my towering rock of safety,
my sheltering overhang,
a commanding overlook,
a new and inspiring peak.

For you have always been my refuge,
my sanctuary from the storm
and shelter against the foe.
I want nothing more than to dwell in your tent forever
and nestle safely in the shadow of your wings.
For you have heard my vows, O God;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Give me more days of life as long as I can serve you,
extend my years until my mission is accomplished.
Then take me.
Take me into your presence just as soon as you please
where your love and faithfulness will triumph,
where I will sing unfiltered ecstatic praise to your name
and find absolute fulfillment at last.

1 comment:

AF said...

This is a great Blog, very nice. I have a blog.

http://escolalatinocoelho-escolasaudavel.blogspot.com/


Portugal