My Psalm 69

Save me, O God,
from the rising floodwaters.

Save me from the mud beneath my feet.
I am in over my head,
and I know that only too well.

I will call out to you until I am worn out,
until my tongue cracks
and my throat parches.

i will keep looking to you
until my eyes fail.
What else can I do, Lord?
I have no other hope besides you.

My enemies are numerous;
their attacks seem incessant,
and you know how foolishly
I listen to them and give in to their deceits.

May those who hope in you
not be disgraced because of me,
O Lord, the LORD Almighty;
may those who seek you
not be ashamed because of me,
O God of Israel.

By your grace, I endure
what I endure
for your sake.
i put myself out there
where every man Jack can find fault
and second-guess me.
But I am zealous for your house, Lord,
I love your church
and I will spend myself for your flock,
because I love them, too...
and I love you.

I weep and fast,
I scratch and claw,
and make myself vulnerable.

That's okay. I pray to you, O LORD,
and count on your favor;
in your unceasing love, O God,
answer me with your mighty deliverance.

Save me from the mud,
do not let my feet slip,
and deliver me from every attack,
and every flash flood of oppression.

Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love;
in your great mercy turn to me.

Turn my face to you,
for you have never turned your face from me,
and I know that only too well.

Come! Rescue me!
Defend me from my foes.
Answer all the scorn, disgrace, and abuse
that may be aimed at me.
Heal every wound,
answer every accusation,
and reverse my discouragement
with your comfort.

Send my Enemy packing, Mighty God.
Tear down every stronghold,
in me and among your people.

Let your salvation, O God,
infuse me and protect me.

Let me praise your name in song
and glorify you with grateful living.
Let my living sacrifice please you.
Let the lot of others be improved
because of my offerings to you.

You, LORD, hear my needy cries
and never fail to come to my aid.

Let this whole wide world praise you,
let all Creation resound with your praise,
let my heart pulse with faith,
with the confidence that you save me,
that you will save your people
and establish a place for us,
where we will glorify you
where those who love your name will dwell.
Amen.

No comments: