My Psalm 86

Hear, O LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and in great need.
Defend me, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God;
save your servant who trusts in you.

Be gentle with me
and be kind to me, O Lord;
I'm calling on you right now.

Give me back my joy, O Lord,
for your joy is my strength.

You are gracious and good, O Lord,
overflowing with love to all who call to you.
So overflow in my direction, LORD,
please be moved to action by my cry for mercy.

I'm in trouble, as you know;
I'm in need; that's nothing new.
I call to you, and wait for your answer.
What else can I do?
There is no one else to whom I can turn.
There is no god but you,
and I have no hope but in you.

Let all the nations come and worship before you, O Lord;
let all your people bring glory to your name.
For you are awesome and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

I praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I glorify your name,
and I will glorify it forever.
I know your love for me is great,
and you've saved me so many times before.
So come to my aid now, O God,
as the fur flies all around me.
Save me from every temptation and attack,
even the well-intentioned ones.
For there is no one else to whom I can turn.
There is no god but you,
and I have no hope but in you.

Turn to me and have mercy on me;
give me strength,
give me energy,
give me hope,
give me joy,
give me clarity,
and wisdom,
and effectiveness.
Give me a sign of your goodness,
that my enemies may see it and be put to shame,
for you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.
Amen.

No comments: