Forgive My Little Efforts

Father God Almighty,
you inspired Moses, Samuel, and others
to write when their best tools
were papyrus and parchment,
reed styli and ink made from crushed berries and plants.

For millennia,
your servants have recorded
stirring and soaring works
in caves and cells,
dusty rooms and mud huts,
by lamplight and candlelight.

So many have written so well
in such circumstances
as to shame my little efforts
and shoddy craftsmanship.

So forgive me, Lord,
when I let tiny obstacles
and minor inconveniences
compromise my praying and writing.
Forgive all those times when I could do better
and make them less and less frequent
until they sink forever beneath the waves of creativity
imagination,
and productivity,
in Jesus' name, amen.

1 comment:

Mari-Anna Stålnacke @flowingfaith said...

I love that you have a prayer blog! Come and link up a prayer post at the Weekend Prayer Wall blog hop at http://www.flowingfaith.com/2012/10/weekend-prayer-wall-oct-13-14.html
By linking up we can create a chain of prayers around the world! Abundant blessings!