As You Have Never Drawn Me Before

Lord God, Adonai, how tender and patient you are with me. And how insensitive I have been to the many ways in which I continue to fail to love you and serve you as you deserve. I want to be your constant, attentive, submissive, appreciative, grateful, receptive, and faithful child. How often have you warned me and sweetly invited me to respond to you? How slow have I been to recognize the hardness of my heart and obstinacy of my ways? How many times have I grieved you? Oh, Lord God, turn my heart to you. Draw me as you have never drawn me before. And give me the grace to respond more sweetly and completely than ever before, that I may find in you all my heart’s desires. In Jesus’ name, amen.

(from Falling in Love with God, by Bob Hostetler, p. 133)

No comments: