No Fear Prayer

Lord, you are my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
What can this world and those who live in it possibly do to me?
They cannot take away my life,
for my life is hid in Christ with God,
and to be absent from the body is to be present with you.
They cannot steal my joy,
for in your presence is fulness of joy,
and you will never leave me or forsake me.
They cannot threaten my security,
for my trust is in you;
all other hope is sinking sand.
They cannot thwart my purpose,
for to live is Christ, to die is gain.
They cannot assault my dignity,
for I am a child of the King, the living God.
They cannot make me homeless,
for I have a building from God,
a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
They cannot take what is most precious to me on earth,
for they are also hid with Christ in God,
and though we may be separated, we will be together in eternity.
Lord, you are my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?

No comments: