Saturday Psalm #16

Protect me, God,
because I trust in you.

I say to you, Lord, "You are my Lord.
Every good thing I have comes from you."

Let me be counted among the godly people in the world,
the wonderful ones I enjoy.

Let me not be like those who turn to idols,
they will have much pain.
Let me not bow down to idols
nor even lean in their direction.

No, you, Lord, are all I need.
You take care of me.
You have given me a pleasant life;
should it end tomorrow, it has been beautiful.

I praise you, Lord, because you advise me.
Even at night, I feel your leading.
I want to keep you always before me.
As long as you are close by my side,
I will not be hurt.

So I rejoice and am glad.
Even my body has hope,
because I’m confident that you will not leave me in the grave.
You proved it by not letting your Holy One rot in the tomb,
but you will raise me as you raised him.
Please teach me how to live a holy life.
Give me your presence, and fill me with joy;
keep me at your right hand, where I will find pleasure forever,
in Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: