Saturday Psalm #36

Lord, I know sin persuades the wicked
deep in their hearts;
there is no fear of God
before their eyes.

Let me not be like them, who flatter themselves
and are too blind to recognize their sinfulness.
All they say is malicious and deceitful,
and they turn his from wisdom.

Let me not be like them, who devise wicked schemes
even in their sleep;
and whose evil snowballs,
increasing in volume and velocity.

Yahweh, your faithful love stretches from earth to sky,
your constancy reaches to the clouds,
your saving justice towers like mighty mountain peaks,
your judgments are deep as the ocean’s trenches.

Yahweh, you look on humans and animals;
how precious is your faithful love, Lord.
With all the children of Adam,
I find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

I feast on the bounty of your house,
I drink from your sparkling streams;
you are my source of life,
my light.

Maintain your faithful love to me, Lord, for I acknowledge you;
preserve your saving justice to me, for I am sincere.
Do not let the arrogant gain on me, much less overtake me,
nor let the wicked succeed against me.

Bring down the evil-doers, Lord God, Adonai,
fling them down, never to rise again, amen.

(photo via everystockphoto.com)

No comments: