Saturday Psalm #40

I wait patiently for you, LORD;
turn to me and hear my cry.
You have lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
Now, set my feet on a rock again,
and give me a firm place to stand.

I pray for a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to my God.
I pray that many will hear and see my song,
and put their trust in you, LORD.

Bless me with the blessedness of the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

Many, O LORD my God,
many
many
many
are the wonders you have done.
I believe that the things you have planned for us
no one can recount to you;
if you would reveal them to me ahead of time,
I would quickly lose count.

I know, LORD, that you don't desire
stale offerings and old forms;
you want a living sacrifice,
my body,
my days,
my thoughts,
my efforts.

So, as your Son said,
the Supreme Sacrifice,
the Ultimate Offering,
I say, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.
I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."

Whatever comes, LORD,
I will proclaim your righteousness in the great assembly;
I will not seal my lips,
(as I'm sure you know, O LORD).

I will not hide your righteousness in my heart alone,
but will speak aloud of your faithfulness and salvation.
I will not conceal your love and your truth
from the assembly of your people.

Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
may your love and your truth always protect me.

You know how I so often feel surrounded by troubles,
and my sins, which are more than the hairs of my head,
make my heart fail within me.

Be pleased, O LORD, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.

May my critics and castigators
be proven wrong,
not by my success,
but by your great mercy.

May those who cluck their tongues at me
come to say "Wow!" at your wonderful working.

May all who sincerely seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"The LORD be exalted!"

Yet I am poor and needy;
so think of me, Lord.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.
Come.
Come now.
Come fully.
Come powerfully.
Come sweetly.
Come, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: