For Things I Take for Granted

Thank you, Lord,
for the things I too often take for granted,
things too numerous to mention.
Thank you that my wife loves me.
Thank you that I slept
through the night last night.
Thank you that my joints don't ache.
Thank you that I can hold down food.
Thank you that I can see, hear, smell,
taste, and feel.
Thank you for my clothes.
Thank you for the ability to digest and metabolize food.
Thank you for hot showers.
Thank you for the many people who overlook my faults.
Thank you for the love and respect of my children.
Thank you for the people my children married.
Thank you for the ability--and many reasons--to smile.
Thank you for my salvation.
Thank you for prayer.
Thank you for the grace to thank you.
Thank you for you.
Amen.

(photo via pixabay.com)

No comments: