Saturday Psalm #63

O God, you are my God,
I seek you hungrily;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body craves you,
in a dry and weary land
parched and cracked for lack of water.

I have beheld you in worship;
I have tasted your power and your glory.
I know how satisfying your love is--
better than life, in fact,
and for that I will speak up and praise you.

I will praise you for the rest of my life,
and I will worship you unreservedly.

You surfeit my soul;
how can I not praise you with the songs of my heart?
How can I not call out to you from my bed?
How can I not turn to you as I close my eyes in sleep?

You are my help,
therefore I sing like a baby bird
in the shadow of your wings.

My soul clings to you;
I feel your strong right hand holding onto me.

I know that those who seek to harm me will be frustrated;
they will fail utterly.
Destroy every evil effort against me.

By your grace, I will rejoice in you;
let all who follow you truly praise your great name,
and let the mouths of liars be silenced.
Amen.

(photo via pixabay.com)

No comments: