On Miles's Birthday

Abba, Father,
thank you for my grandson,
Miles Jacob Hostetler,
who turns one year old today.
Oh, Lord, what a joy he is to me.
What a personality you've planted in him!
What health and happiness,
what determination and energy,
what laughter and vigor.
I thank you with all my heart
for every throaty giggle,
for every reaching grasp,
for every wakeful syllable,
for every hungry cry,
every step,
every breath,
every bite,
every swallow,
every smile,
nod,
snort,
squirm,
gesture,
every moment of health
and happiness
and wonder
he enjoys
and brings to me
and mine.
Thank you for him.
Thank you for his parents.
Thank you for his aunts and uncles.
Thank you for his grandparents.
Thank you for every day
and every moment
of his first year of life,
in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: