God My Help

O God, my help in ages past,
My hope for years to come,
My shelter from the stormy blast,
And my eternal home.

Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And my defense is sure.

Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting Thou art God,
To endless years the same.

A thousand ages in Thy sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.

O God, my help in ages past,
My hope for years to come,
My shelter from the stormy blast,
And my eternal home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's appropriate, but may I just say: (in regards to your prayers)...
DITTO, in the largest loudest way!!
Your prayers of Friday thru Sunday,(especially Sunday)were just what I wish I knew how to pray. They seemed to be coming from my own heart...you are a wonderful teacher.
Thank you for your acceptance, your kindness, your support, your wisdom and above all, for being our Pastor. I'm very Blessed to be a member of a church, it took me so long to find and very quickly to fall in love with.

You are a wonderful teacher, a deciple of God, if I may? I'm learning a lot from you, as I am from other pastors and members. I just pray the sermon you gave Sunday was as well received by others as it was by, myself (which at times I overwhelmingly feel). It's a subject that has been laying very heavy on my heart, and for a while now. There are some difficult matters I would like to talk with you about, however, I've felt it may be best to keep it to myself?? As you said, let it STOP Here and now.

You and our church are a wonderful Blessing in my life and I just want to grow and grow and be open to all your teachings...GOD IS GOOD GOOD GOOD and I love HIM with All My Heart.

Thank you for everything kind.
Your humility and anointment are a Blessing I can only be so proud of and proud that you would call me your friend:)

It's no wonder you have such a wonderful faithful and loving family:) You are all very fortunate...but I know you know that. Such a Blessing!!!!

Tearfully and Prayerfully...always,
d