My Psalm 119 (Part 2)

Daleth

Dear Lord, I do get knocked down, but your Word revives me.
Deliver me from my own plans, and teach me to wait on you.

Direct me with your Word, and teach me
discernment.

Dry my weeping eyes with the consolation of your words.
Deliver me from self-deception and grant me the
distinction of knowing and heeding your instructions.

Draw me closer to you,
draw the contours of my life to align with your gracious Word.

Dread Warrior King, I cling to your laws.
Deliver me from shame and ignorance, and
drive evildoers far from me.

He

Heavenly Father, teach me.
Holy God, make me holy.

Handle me gently and mold my heart to beat in rhythm with your commands,
for that is where my happiness is found.
Hold me tightly,
fill me with an eagerness for your laws.

Heal me and turn my eyes from worthless things,
and focus me instead on your beauty.

Help me trust in your promise.
Help me abandon all shameful ways.
Help me become every day more like The Word.
Help me to be renewed every day by your goodness.

Waw

Wonderful Counselor, Lord God, give me your unfailing love,
write your salvation on my life.

Work in me the things that please you and answer those who revile me,
wake me each day with the truth of your Word.

With you, and with your Word, I can hope.
With you, and with your Word, I can thrive.
With you, and with your Word, I can walk in freedom,
with utter devotion to your commandments.
With you, and with your Word, I can talk to kings and
will not be ashamed.

Wonderful is your Word.
Wonderful are you.

Amen.

No comments: