A Prayer for My Thirty-Fourth Wedding Anniversary

O God, what thanks can I possibly render to you
for my bride,
my wife,
my thirty-four years of marriage,
and thirty-seven years
with the lovely Robin in my life?

Thank you for yet another year of life together.
Thank you for her faithful,
giving,
loving,
kind,
passionate,
sweet,
constant heart.

Thank you for the happiness we have known together;
for the sorrows we have faced together;
for the children we have raised
and the grandchildren we have been given.

Thank you for our home,
our health,
our laughter,
our hopes and dreams,
our unfinished plans
and our small accomplishments.

Thank you that she still laughs at (some of) my jokes.
Thank you that she grows more beautiful every day.
Thank you for all her perfections,
and all my improvements.

Spare us another year to walk together,
and grant that for us it may be true
that the best is yet to be,
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Happy Anniversary you two!
Richest blessings along the way.

~ Debra

kc bob said...

Congrats on 34 Bob!