Psalm 5 Thanks

Thank you, Lord, that you listen when I cry out.
Thank you that you hear my groans and sighs.

Thank you that you are my King and my God.
Thank you for hearing my voice in the morning,
for keeping watch over me at night.

Thank you that you are not a God who delights in evil.
Thank you that wickedness is banished from your presence.
Thank you for not listening to the boastful,
for laying low the liars,
and abhorring abusers.

Thank you that I, by your steadfast love,
can enter your house.
Thank you that I am given access to your presence,
by your grace.

Thank you that you lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness,
and steer me away from my enemies.
Thank you that you let gossips and flatterers
be exposed and undone by their own deeds.
Thank you for giving songs of joy
to those who take refuge in you,
and spreading your protection over them,
and making them exult in you.
Thank you for blessing me, O LORD.
Thank you for covering me with favor as with a shield.

Amen.

No comments: