The Beginning of Thanks

God, I thank you that I am not insane, that my poor mind is not torn by horrid nightmares and nameless terrors. I thank you for the light and blessings of civilization, past mercies, present comforts, and future prospects. I thank you for food, and the appetite to eat it, and the power to digest it. I thank you for clothes to wear and books to read. I thank you for the Church, the Bible, the revelation of Jesus Christ, the Fountain opened for sin and uncleanness, the glorious possibility of escape from the penalty and power and consequences and character of sin. I thank you for home and friends, and Heaven bending over all, in Jesus' name, amen.

(based on lines from Samuel Logan Brengle, in Heart Talks on Holiness, chapter 19)

4 comments:

Pour partager ma mode said...

Wedding Dresses
Bridesmaid Dresses
Prom Dresses
Quinceanera Dresses
Discount Wedding Dresses
Maggie Sottero Wedding Dresses
Pronovias Wedding Dresses
Bridal Dresses New
Bridal Veils
Bridesmaid Dresses
Alfred Angelo Bridal Dresses
Allure Bridal Dresses
Bonny Bridal Dresses
Casablanca Bridal Dresses

Ebay Clone Software said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Ebay Clone

Sell Items said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Car Auction

Best E-Learning Software said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Online E-Learning Software