Snow Prayer














Shower me with your grace, O Lord,
The way you shower the barren branches with snow.
Fill me, the way you enrich the empty forest with your splendor.
Shower me with your life, even if it be frozen for a time, like snow.

Shower me with your grace, O Lord.
Make me like the snow that shimmers and reveals your light.
For you, O Lord, are light from light, and radiance beyond radiance.
And I am a mere reflection of the brightness you have showered on me.

Shower me with your grace, O Lord.
Make me like the snow that tosses light into the blue, blue universe.
Shower me with grace upon grace, as I remain beneath your glorious presence.
Let the world see only your magnificent light, your love, your radiance, your grace. Amen.

copyright (c) 2009 Therese Boucher (used with permission)

No comments: