Anniversary Prayer

















O Lord my God,
how can I possibly thank you
for my bride,
my wife,
and these thirty-nine years of marriage,
and forty-two years of love
you have given me
with the lovely Robin?

Thank you for yet another year of life together.
Thank you for her faithful,
giving,
loving,
kind,
passionate,
sweet,
constant heart.

Thank you for all
the happiness we have known together;
the sorrows we have faced together;
the children we have raised
and the grandchildren we have been given.

Thank you for our home,
our health,
our laughter,
our hopes and dreams,
our unfinished plans,
and our small accomplishments.

Thank you that she has stuck with me, never wavering in her support.
Thank you that she still laughs at (some of) my jokes.
Thank you that she grows more beautiful every day.
Thank you for all her perfections,
and all my improvements.

Spare us another year to walk together,
and grant that for us it may be true
that the best is yet to be,
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

4 comments:

Korri said...

Absolutely lovely. Our Anniversary is June 15th. Would you allow me to post this prayer with some modification? If so, how do I credit you? Thank you so much for this edifying blog.

Hoss said...

Korri, how sweet of you. Yes, feel free to post and adapt this prayer. Just include a credit line with a link to this blog (something like, "Based on a prayer at www.oneprayeraday.com," or some such).

Edie Melson said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Korri said...

Thank you!