Spiritual Amnesia

Bob Hostetler

Save me, God, from spiritual amnesia,
from forgetting--like your people Israel did long ago, and repeatedly (Ps. 78)--
all the mighty works I have seen you do.
Save me from forgetting how you carried me through deep waters,
how you called me and anointed me and constantly, flawlessly enabled me;
save me from forgetting how you brought me through Red Seas
and sent water and manna,
and led me into your promise.
Save me from forgetting your miraculous work in
Bill Dobias and Cheryl Johnson,
Bob Holzworth and Greg Farthing,
John Johnson and Sharla Racioppa.
Save me from forgetting Walk This Way and South Farm.
Save me from forgetting The Prayer Bible and American Idols.
Save me from forgetting, even last Sunday, your most marvelous working.
Save me from spiritual amnesia,
but give me the memory of faith,
faith as big as your track record deserves,
in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: