Thanks for Unpleasant People

Lord, I thank you
for those who have slighted or rejected me,
for they underscore to me
the beauty of your acceptance.

Thank you
for friends who have betrayed me,
for they make me appreciate
faithful friends all the more.

Thank you for ungracious people,
for they show me how blessed I am
to have so many gracious people in my life.

Thank you for those who have unrealistic expectations of me,
for they make me more deeply appreciate
people who accept me and love me
without expectations.

Thank you for people who judge me unfairly,
for they remind me to look only to you, my righteous Judge,
for vindication.

Thank you for the cantankerous,
the unpleasant,
the impatient,
for they provide ample opportunities
to become more like my longsuffering Lord,
in whose name I pray, amen.

No comments: