Overshadowed (Slightly Revised)


How desolate my life would be,
How dark and drear my nights and days,
If, Lord, your face I did not see,
To brighten all earth's weary ways.

I'm overshadowed by your mighty love--
Love eternal, changeless, pure.
Overshadowed by your mighty love;
Rest is mine, serene, secure.
You died to ransom me from sin,
You live to keep me day by day,
I'm overshadowed by your mighty love,
Love that brightens all my way.


With burdened heart I wandered long,
By grief and unbelief distressed;
But now I sing faith's happy song,
In you, my Savior, I am blest.

Now judgment fears no more alarm,
I dread no death, nor Satan's power;
The world for me has lost its charm,
God's grace sustains me every hour.

(by H. A. Ironside and George S Schuler)

*NOTE: this song is rich in memory and meaning for me, especially since I remember it as one of my mother's favorites

No comments: