In Your Schoolroom

Rabbi, Teacher, Lord, thank you for all you are teaching me these days.

Through scarcity and need you are teaching me to recognize you as the source of my daily bread, and rely on you for the supply of all my needs. You are teaching me also to plan carefully and choose wisely.

Through delay and waiting you are teaching me patience and trust, reminding me that "in quietness and confidence" is my strength (Isaiah 30:15).

Through changing circumstances you are are teaching me (again) to pray, and to remember from whence my help--and help for my children and grandchildren--comes.

Through grief and the slow process of healing, you are teaching me to persevere and deny myself.

Through disappointment and obscurity, you are teaching me humility and contentment.

Through hurt and sorrow, you are teaching me to forgive. Through distractions, you are teaching me focus. Through change, you are teaching me what really matters.

Through it all, Lord, I can see your hand, and your wisdom. Through it all, teach me some of that wisdom, the kind that comes only from you. Help me to learn such lessons well so as to learn the next one--and the ones after that--quicker and better, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: