Saturday Psalm #119 (Pt. 3)

Zayin

Zealously remember your word to your servant, Lord,
your many promises and assurances.
Zealously comfort me in my affliction,
for your presence is life to me.
Whoever may deride me, or despise me,
I will do whatever you ask, whatever you command.

Grant that I may take comfort in your commands,
and defend your honor against those who lie
and attack
and forsake your commands.

What is it with people, Lord,
that we can call ourselves by your name
and yet blatantly ignore what you tell us to do,
how you tell us to act?

Your words are my lyrics, O Lord,
wherever I am.
I am blessed.

Heth

Hallelujah, LORD! You are my portion; I await your command.
Help me, and grant me your favor; be gracious to me according to your promise.
Hasten to my assistance and turn my feet to your testimonies;
hasten and do not delay.
Help me when the wicked ensnare me;
hold me close when my "friends" desert me.
Help me to stay faithful in praising and seeking you,
and keep me in the company of all who fear you,
of those who keep your precepts.
Hallelujah, LORD! The earth blossoms with your steadfast love;
help me to learn your ways.

Teth

Triune God, you have dealt well with your servant,
true to your word.
Teach me discernment and wisdom,
that I may better follow you and please you and glorify you.
Too many times I have neglected your way, but hallelujah! you have
taught me faithfulness.

Triune God, you are good and do good;
train me in your ways.
Take the lies some people tell about me,
those whose hearts are unfeeling, and
turn them somehow to accomplish your glory.
The words of your mouth are priceless to me, more priceless
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

No comments: