My Psalm 141

O LORD, I call to you;
come. Please come. Quickly.

Listen, not just to my voice,
but to my heart.

I pray that what I'm about to say
will be pleasing to you,
like incense offered in worship,
like a sweet-smelling sacrifice.

Send an angelic sentinel
to guard my mouth, O LORD;
keep watch over the door of my lips.

Keep my heart from being drawn to evil.
Keep wicked deeds
and wicked men
far, far from me.
I want nothing to do with them.

Surround me with the righteous, Lord.
Even if they rebuke me, it will be a kindness;
if they have to correct me, it will be oil on my head.
Such accountability I will not despise.
But let those who want me to fail be disappointed...
sorely disappointed, Lord.

For my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD;
I take refuge in you, I find shelter in you.

Keep me from the snares of the Enemy,
from the traps set by his accomplices.

Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
while I pass by in safety.

Amen.

No comments: