Prayer for This New Day

O Lord, grant that I may meet this day and all that it shall bring with spiritual peace.

Grant that I may submit myself completely to Your holy will. In every hour of the day, be my support and my guide.

Whatever news I may receive today, teach me to accept it with a peaceful soul and with the firm conviction that Your will governs all thing.

In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings.

In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by You.

Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others.

O Lord, give me the strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring.

Direct my will. Teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to endure all things, to forgive, and to love.

Amen.

(From A Concord Pastor Comments blog)

No comments: