A Confession

Compassionate and gracious God, You are slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. You have not dealt with me according to my sins, nor rewarded me according to my iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is Your love toward those who fear You.

Most Gracious God, I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word and deed, by what I have done and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbor as myself. I have been proud, and selfish. I have been lazy. I have shunned your ways and failed to heed your Spirit's voice. I have hurt others, and in so doing have hurt you. I am a glutton. A liar. Lustful. Greedy. Wasteful. I have been quick to speak, and slow to listen. I have been quick to complain, and slow to give thanks. I have been quick to judge, and slow to forgive.

I am truly sorry and I humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me; that I may delight in Your will, and walk in Your ways, to the glory of Your Son Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

No comments: