Pastor Praise

I praise you, Lord, for a church that loves you.
I praise you for a staff that loves each other and works well together.
I praise you for a leadership team that is intent on obeying you, bringing your kingdom, and caring for the flock.
I praise you for volunteers who sweat for your church.
I praise you for people who care for each other, instead of waiting for the pastor.
I praise you for thick-skinned servants, who don't need to protect or promote themselves.
I praise you for gracious people who cut their pastors some slack.
I praise you for wise leaders who use what they know and know what they don't know.
I praise you for a church that doesn't begrudge their pastors a working wage, or time off.
I praise you for people who are "tender with sinners, but not soft on sin" (Jude 23b, The Message).
I praise you for members that are learning to give sacrificially.
I praise you for teachers who are passionate about ministry to kids.
I praise you for a church that values creativity and innovation.
I praise you for a church with a sense of humor.
I praise you for a church that wants to reach out.
I praise you for a legacy of sacrificial leaders, already, in this young church.
I praise you for the hope you give me that greater things than these we will see and do, as we trust in you, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: