My Psalm 65

Praise is waiting here for you, O God;
I will fulfill my vows to you, Most Worthy King,
hearer of my prayers,
drawer of all men.

When I was overwhelmed by sins,
you willingly and readily and completely
forgave all my transgressions.

How blessed you have made me,
to call me to your service
and allow me to live in your courts!
I am filled with the bounty of your house,
the beauty of your holy temple.

You answer my prayers with works of awe-inspiring righteousness,
O God mySavior,
the hope of all people
from all tribes and tongues and nations,
who formed the Himalayas by your power,
and display your strength
in the roar of the Atlantic,
the vastness of the Pacific,
and the icecaps of the Poles.

From east to west, north to south,
you are to be honored,
and your wonders praised;
from morning's dawns to evening's dusk
you deserve full-throated songs of worship.

You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
You cause snows to fall
and streams to fill;
you water the fields
and provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.

You drench the furrows of the field
and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers
and remind us, whether we are farmers
or builders
or painters
or travelers
or pastors,
that you still call the shots...
we are always, constantly in need of your favor.

You bring forth a harvest every year,
and in your sovereign love and wisdom
you supply our needs
and drape our landscape
with an ever-changing garment of provision,
and cause the meadows and valleys
to shout for joy and sing. Amen.

No comments: