Inadequate Praise

Abba, Father, I praise you for your patience and perseverance,
and thank you for not giving up on me!
I praise you for your transcendence and ineffability,
and thank you that though you are so far beyond me
and my little mind and heart,
you condescend to me --
not only in Christ, but daily, moment by moment.
I praise you for your grace and mercy,
and thank you that you looked beyond my faults -- and still do!
I praise you for your creativity and inventiveness,
and thank you that your inventions so enrich my life --
coffee, grass, clouds, rain, wind, sunrises, colors, textures, music, and more.
I praise you, Lord God, because you are worthy, completely worthy,
to receive my praise,
so much so that I could praise you all day and all week,
all month, doing nothing else but praise you,
and still not come close to exhausting your worthiness!

No comments: