My Psalm 84

I love your dwelling place,
Lord God Adonai!
I hunger to worship you,
I thirst to gather with your people,
and commune with you.

Like a sparrow in its nest,
or a swallow sheltering in a chimney,
I am utterly at home in your presence,
O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

I love your house;
I love your people.
I love being around those whose strength is in you,
who enter your house intent on worship.

Thank you for those who worship you
wherever you show up,
in a tiny chapel or a majestic cathedral,
in a desert or a rainforest.

You lead such true worshipers from strength to strength,
you show yourself to them without fail.

Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty;
listen to me, O God of Jacob.

Look upon us, Lord God;
look with favor on your servants and ministers.

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand anywhere else;
I would rather sweep your floors, O Lord,
than be exalted in the palaces of the wicked.

For you, LORD God, are a sun and shield;
you bestow favor and honor;
you withhold no good thing
from those who walk with you.

O LORD Almighty,
I am thrilled and honored to trust in you
and call you mine.

No comments: