100 More Thanks

















Abba, God, my Father,
thank you for this day,
thank you for every ray of sunshine you give me to enjoy,
thank you for this mild summer,
thank you for the coming Fall,
thank you for weddings,
for marriage,
for my marriage,
for sex in marriage!
Thank you for my marriage bed,
thank you for clean sheets,
thank you for my pillow,
thank you for my peaceful bedroom,
thank you for the blessing of sleeping next to the lovely Robin,
thank you that there are no sounds of gunshots out my window,
thank you for the absence of screeching tire sounds,
thank you that there are no truck airbrakes to keep me awake.
Thank you for a house free from bugs,
thank you for a dry basement,
thank you for a quiet street to live on,
and a roof that doesn’t leak.
Thank you for iTunes,
thank you for high-speed internet access,
thank you for wireless internet access,
thank you for XM Radio,
thank you for Pandora,
thank you for Blogger,
thank you for Facebook,
thank you for Twitter,
thank you for Gmail,
thank you for iCal,
and iPhoto
and my iPhone.
Thank you for hearing me when I pray,
thank you for holding me when I cry,
thank you for pursuing me when I stray,
thank you for loving me every single day.
Thank you that you loved me first,
thank you for loving me before I loved you,
thank you for loving me before I woke this morning,
thank you for loving me far beyond my capacity to love you back.
Thank you that my bills are paid,
thank you that there’s a little money in my bank accounts,
thank you for my credit score,
thank you for my health insurance,
thank you for my life insurance,
and every investment you’ve empowered me to make.
Thank you for a job that challenges me,
a church that loves me,
friends that sharpen me,
a family that does me proud.
Thank you that my parents taught me to be faithful to a church,
thank you that my brothers didn’t kill me before I grew up,
thank you that I’ve grown up enough to love being a kid.
Thank you for our dishwasher,
thank you for our vacuum cleaner,
thank you for our refrigerator and stove and sink,
thank you for working toilets,
thank you for weekly trash pickup.
Thank you for freedom of speech,
freedom of religion,
the right to vote.
Thank you for freedom from sin,
thank you for freedom from legalism,
thank you for my liberty in Christ,
thank you for my assurance of salvation,
thank you for the Psalms,
thank you for the Proverbs,
thank you for the Law and the Prophets,
thank you for the Writings,
thank you for the Gospels,
thank you for the Acts and the Epistles,
thank you for The Revelation.
Thank you for moving in my life,
and teaching me something new every day.
Thank you for inventors and their inventions,
for phones,
for movies,
for electric lights,
for cars,
for television and radio,
for clocks and timers and alarms and stopwatches.
Thank you for ice,
thank you for closets,
thank you for porches,
thank you for shade,
thank you for sweet tea.
Thank you for people who know when to speak and when to refrain from speaking,
thank you for people who know the worst of me but speak only the best,
thank you for people who wave me ahead of them in traffic,
thank you for people who wave back when I wave at them.
Thank you for sweet rolls,
thank you for coffee,
thank you for steak,
thank you for potatoes with butter
and glazed donuts.
Thank you for the joy of watching my grandson eat ice cream,
thank you for the blessing of seeing my granddaughter’s smile.
Thank you for date nights with my wife,
thank you for family time with my family,
and times of communion with you,
in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: