A Prayer of Charles Wesley, Personalized

Love divine, all loves excelling,
joy of heaven, to earth come down;
fix in me thy humble dwelling;
all thy faithful mercies crown!
Jesus thou art all compassion,
pure, unbounded love thou art;
visit me with thy salvation;
enter now my trembling heart.

Breathe, O breathe thy loving Spirit
into this, my troubled breast!
Let me all in thee inherit;
let me find that second rest.
Take away my bent to sinning;
Alpha and Omega be;
end of faith, as its beginning,
set my heart at liberty.

Come, Almighty to deliver,
let me all thy life receive;
suddenly return and never,
nevermore this temple leave.
Thee I would be always blessing,
serve thee as thy hosts above,
pray and praise thee without ceasing,
glory in thy perfect love.

Finish, then, thy new creation;
pure and spotless let us be.
Let me see thy great salvation
perfectly restored in thee;
changed from glory into glory,
till in heaven I take my place,
till I cast myself before thee,
lost in wonder, love, and praise.
(the image above is one of many illustrated hymns by Diana Wolverton. See more (and order prints) here)

1 comment:

What would you do in heaven said...

Nice! More power to your blog and God bless.