You Suffice for Me

You are holy.
You are holy, Lord, the only God, and your deeds are wonderful.
You are strong, you are great.
You are the most high, you are almighty.
You, holy Father, are King of heaven and earth.
You are three and one, Lord God, all good.
You are good, all good, supreme good, Lord God, living and true.
You are love, you are wisdom.
You are humility, you are endurance.
You are rest, you are peace.
You are joy and gladness, you are justice and moderation.
You are all riches, and you suffice for me.
You are beauty, you are gentleness.
You are my protector, you my our guardian and defender.
You are courage, you are my haven and hope.
You are faith, my great consolation.
You are my eternal life, great and wonderful Lord,
God almighty, merciful Savior. Amen.

(by Francis of Assisi, slightly revised)

No comments: