31 Prayers of Thanks for My Children

Abba, Father, you have been good. You have been kind. You have answered so many of my prayers, and especially those I have prayed for my children.

I asked you to let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory, and you answered.

I prayed that they may ‘grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,' and you answered.

I prayed that my children may learn to ‘live a life of love,’ through the Spirit who dwells in them, and you answered.

I asked for integrity and honesty to be their virtue and their protection, and you answered.

I asked you to help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be ‘alert and self-controlled’ in all they do, and you answered.

I asked you to let my children grow to find your Word ‘more precious than gold, than much pure gold; [and] sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb,' and you answered.

I asked you to help my children to love justice as you do and to ‘act justly’ in all they do," and you answered.

I asked that my children always ‘be merciful, as [their] Father is merciful,' and you answered.

I asked that my children may ‘show proper respect to everyone,’ as your Word commands, and you answered.

I asked you to help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are ‘God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus,' and you answered.

I asked you to 'let love and faithfulness never leave [my children],’ but to bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts, and you answered.

I asked that my children always ‘Be strong and courageous’ in their character and in their actions, and you answered.

I asked you to ‘Create in [them] a pure heart, O God,’ and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions, and you answered.

I asked that may my children ‘always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else,' and you answered.

I asked that my children may ‘be generous and willing to share [and so] lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age,' and you answered.

I said, "let my children ‘make every effort to do what leads to peace’” and you answered.

I asked for my children to be filled ‘with the joy given by the Holy Spirit,' and you answered.

I asked you to teach my children perseverance in all they do, and help them especially to ‘run with perseverance the race marked out for [them],' and you answered.

I asked you to cultivate in my children the ability to ‘show true humility toward all,' and you answered.

I asked you to clothe my children with the virtue of compassion, and you answered.

I asked that my children may learn responsibility, and you answered.

I asked you to teach my children ‘the secret of being content in any and every situation. . . . through him who gives [them] strength,' and you answered.

I prayed that faith would find root and grow in my children’s hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them, and you answered.

I asked you to help my children develop servant hearts, and you answered.

I asked that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit, and you answered.

I asked you to teach my children to value work and to work hard at everything they do, and you answered.

I asked you to instill in my children a soul that “followeth hard after thee,” a heart that clings passionately to you, and you answered.

I prayed that my children may develop self-discipline, and you answered.

I asked that my children’s lives may be marked by prayerfulness, and you answered.

I asked that my children would live lives that are always ‘overflowing with thankfulness, and you answered.

I asked you to give my children a heart for missions, and you answered.

I asked, and you answered. You honored my hopes and dreams for them, and have even excelled what I had faith enough to ask. Thank you, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: