Of My Bursting Heart

Gracious Sovereign Lord, you know this day is likely to be filled with a million emotions for me. This day--my son's last as worship leader at Cobblestone Community Church--will fill my heart with joy and sorrow, grief and gratitude, blessing and beauty, love and pride and wonder, and a million other emotions I couldn't even begin to label.

You have been good, Lord. You have let me be blessed over and over again by Aaron and Nina's worship leading, and that of their friends and fellow worshipers. You have let me wrestle with pride. You have filled my eyes with tears at Aaron and Nina's growth and depth and passion and ability. You have rebuked and encouraged, broken and blessed me through them.

But today it may be hard to focus my heart and mind as I should. It may be hard to worship truly and fully while such emotions wash over me. I promise to try, Lord, because you are always and completely worthy of my unflagging attention and my unmixed, undiluted worship. Just be pleased, Lord, to take the joy and sorrow, grief and gratitude, blessing and beauty, love and pride and wonder of my heart as the meager offering of my bursting heart, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: