Missing Family

I sure do miss them, Lord.
It's been only a couple months since they moved,
and only a couple weeks since I got to visit them.
But man.
It's hard.
I could mouth some nice sentiments
about how you surely missed your Son
during his sojourn on earth,
but I don't feel like it.
I just feel their absence
and my loss.
I'm grateful that they're happy and thriving
but not so much that they're doing it so far away.
So come to my assistance, and to Robin, Aubrey, Kevin, Calleigh, and Ryder, too.
Make haste to help us.
Help them, too, when they miss us (I want them to, but I don't want them to).
In your wonder-working wisdom and love, please shrink the distance between us and somehow use the pain of separation to make us all better and (miraculously?) even more to each other than we have ever been, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: