A Prayer for Renewal

Dear God,
How often I am disappointed with myself. I have such high hopes and good intentions, but inevitably I find myself weary and burned out with self-defeat, the burdens of everyday living, or the consequences of bad choices and sinful actions. The messiness of life can leave me feeling exhausted--not only physically but also in my very soul. If only I could start over. Isn't this the place where renewal begins? Your compassion and my ready heart meet to bring about change. When the two are put together, I find a new beginning where my soul is refreshed and my life revived. You make it clear that you will restore any heart that seeks a new start. I sincerely desire to turn to you and turn away from what has been bringing me down. I ask you to forgive my sin, which poisons everything I do. Thank you that I am never beyond the reach of your forgiveness as long as I desire it. My heart is truly ready to change. Please renew my life with the change that only your Spirit can bring.

(an excerpt from the book, 365 Pocket Prayers, by Ron Beers)

(Please feel free to share this prayer with others using the Twitter, Facebook, and other buttons below. You can also subscribe to this blog in your blog reader or enter your email address at top right to receive posts via email)

No comments: