Saturday Psalm #42

Like a deer panting for streams of water,
so my soul yearns for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for you,
my God, living God, Abba Father.
I long to plunge into you,
to thrust my head into the cool waters
of your presence.

Tears are my diet, Lord,
while those around me are ignoring you
and doubting you.

But I pour out my soul to you,
remembering better days,
chapels filled with your praises,
concert halls filled with shouts of joy and thanksgiving,
prayer meetings that touched angels' wings.

Why do I get so downcast?
Why am I so easily disturbed?
My hope is in you, God,
no less now than ever.
You are my Savior and my God.

When my spirits spiral downward,
point my memory to your victories,
to the wonderful places you've taken me, Lord.

Let your "deep" reach into my depths,
thunder in my heart like a mighty waterfall,
sweep over me like waves and breakers of the sea.

By day, LORD, you send your love to me,
at night your song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

God my Rock, I know you have not forgotten me.
I know you will not let my enemies triumph over me.
Whatever momentary agony I suffer,
whatever taunts I endure,
whatever doubts surround me,
I put my hope in you, God,
and I will praise you,
with my shouts,
with my songs,
with my whispers,
with my silence,
my Savior and my God.

(photo via everystockphoto.com)

No comments: