Monday Prayer

copyright Bob Hostetler

Wow, Lord, I feel beat up again this morning.

After twenty-five years of ministry, I should be getting the rhythms down, shouldn't I? Should I feel utterly exhausted, spent, and used up every Monday morning...even when I wasn't the preacher of the day on Sunday? Show me what I'm missing, Lord; help me to improve my grasp of the ups and downs of the pastoral week.

But how I thank you this Monday for those men and women in my life and ministry who lift up my arms and my spirit, who seem to want no glory, no stroking, no coddling, but serve faithfully and selflessly week after week, month after month, without threatening to quit or telling others about the things I'm doing wrong. You know who they are, Lord: I thank you that they're almost too numerous to mention by name.

Please give me more such friends and coworkers, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: