Haven't Asked Enough

Bob Hostetler

Father, I confess that I haven't asked enough of you.
You have said, "Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it."
You have said, "Ask, and it shall be given."
You have said, "You have not because you ask not."

So, Abba, I ask:
More faith, please. Give me walk-on-water faith.
More wisdom, the kind that sees your fingerprints on events and circumstances, and also sees clearly the things you are not involved in.
I pray for more income for my family,
more resources to pay off all those student loans.
I pray for more stewardship in my church,
I pray for $2 million for our first building,
I pray for more commitment, more members, more volunteers,
more passion, deeper worship, stronger marriages.
I pray for a recording studio job for my son,
and for you open the door to home ownership for my daughter.
Help me to lose weight,
to become a better husband,
to improve in my leadership and speaking.
I pray for the sale of Northkill and The Caiaphas Scroll.
I pray for the ministry and financial success of American Idols.
I pray for your hand of blessing on my wife in her studies...a paid internship...and speed her graduation and the onset of a wildly effective counseling ministry for her, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: