My Psalm 107 (Part Two)

I give thanks to you, LORD, for your unfailing love
and your wonderful works in my life.

I will sacrifice to you
as a way of giving thanks;
I will tell of your works
with exuberant songs.

Like others, I have been on the sea in ships;
I have seen your power
displayed in the mighty waters.

I have seen your works, LORD,
in the panoply of the heavens,
in the fecundity of the forest,
in the silence before the storm,
in the intricacy of an insect.

I have seen you work in a human soul,
in a frail human body,
in a miraculous work of grace.

I give you thanks, LORD,
for your marvelous love,
for your miracle mercy to me.
I will lift your praises high and loud
when the people assemble,
and will praise you in the council of the elders.

You turn rivers into a desert,
flowing springs into thirsty ground,
and fruitful land into a salt waste,
because of the wickedness of men.

But you also turn the desert into pools of water
and parched ground into flowing springs
for those who wait on you
and please you.

Do it for me, Lord God,
and for your people,
the flock I serve.
Send us a a fruitful harvest in 2010,
bless us,
and make our numbers greatly increase,
and our prosperity as well,
individually and corporately.

Please tell me we've seen enough
oppression, calamity and sorrow for now.

Lift the needy out of their affliction
and increase their families like flocks.
Let the upright see and rejoice,
but all the wicked--shut their mouths!

Make us wise,
in the things that matter to you,
and show to us your great love, O Lord.
Amen.

No comments: