Saturday Psalm #45

Lord God, my heart is stirred by a noble theme.
I recite these verses for you, my King;
make my tongue like the pen of a skillful writer.

You are the most excellent of kings,
and your lips are anointed with grace;
you are blessed forever, O Lord, O King of the Universe. 
Gird your sword upon your side, O Mighty One;
clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.
In your majesty ride forth victoriously
in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness;
let your right hand display your awesome deeds.
Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of your enemies;
let all peoples and races fall beneath your feet. 
I praise you because
your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice is the scepter of your kingdom.
I praise you because
you love righteousness and hate wickedness;
you are exalted above all kingdoms and powers,
you are the anointed King of Kings.
I will reach out in prayer and worship to touch your robe,
all fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
I will look to your glorious throne
and sing music to make you glad. 
You bestow honor on your bride, the Church;
may you bedeck your royal bride as with gold of Ophir.
Let your people consider and give ear:
Let us forget where we came from;
give us eyes only for you.
I will bring you my gift, Lord;
with my whole heart I will seek your favor.
Let your church glorify you as our king;
and let all who see,
be brought closer to you.
Let us perpetuate your memory through all generations;
that the nations may praise you for ever and ever.

No comments: