A Prayer of Martin Luther

Lord God,
I have indeed transgressed your commandments.
I have been impatient in reverses and trials.
I am unsympathetic and unmerciful.
I do not help my neighbor.
I am unable to resist sin.
I do not tire of doing wrong.

Dear Lord, pour out your grace to me
and give me your Holy Spirit
so that I may be obedient and keep each of your commandments.
Help me to be at odds with the world
and to give my heart and soul to you. Amen.

(a prayer of Martin Luther, from a collection entitled Luther's Prayers, by way of the Daily Prayer blog)

1 comment:

AMIGOS said...

Praise the lord God of the whole heavens and earth through Jesus Christ. we worship heavenly Father. hear our petitions for you have promised to answer us even before we ask. Great God answer us that we may declare your greatness throughout the earth. in Jesus name we pray this day. our hope is in you and we wait for your answer. amen