Saturday Psalm #89

I will sing of your great love forever, LORD;
I will not shy from telling of your faithfulness.
I will testify to your firm, steadfast love,
and your utter faithfulness to me and mine.
You make a covenant; you keep it.

Reveal your faithfulness among your people
as your wonders sprinkle the night sky.
Let your splendor shine like the stars,
your sufficiency like the light of the day.


Teach me to court your favor, Lord,
and no one else’s.
O LORD God Almighty, who is like you?
You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
Roll over me like the mighty waves of the surging sea;
scatter our enemies like the Canaanites before Joshua,
and the Philistines before David.

Heaven and earth are yours alike;
all the plenty of this world came from you and belongs to you.
You created the north and the south;
the highest heights sing for joy at your name.
Your arm is mighty in strength;
your hand is strong, your right hand exalted.
Your sovereign rule is characterized by righteousness and justice,
all your wonderful acts show your love and faithfulness.

I am so blessed, Lord, to be among those who have learned to praise you,
who walk in the light of your presence.
I am so grateful for the privilege of rejoicing with your people,
and exulting in the midst of the great assembly.
You are my glory and strength, and no one else.
Your favor you is my foremost desire.
You are my shield,
and I belong to you, the Holy One of Israel.
You give me the strength of a warrior;
you keep me young in my spirit.
Your hand sustains me;
your arm strengthens me.
You deliver me from my enemy,
and save me from oppression.
Crush my foe, Lord God;
strike down my adversary.
Focus my sight on your faithful love for me,
and raise or lower me as you wish.
You are my Father, my God, my Rock, my Savior.
Your promises will never fail.
Your presence will never leave me.
Correct me in your kindness and wisdom,
but let me and mine follow your ways forever.

You have broken me;
you have seemed hard to reach at times.
But your sternest discipline
is sweeter than the favor of men.
Remember how fleeting is my life,
and teach me to make the most of your great gifts to me
in whatever time I have left.

I praise you, LORD;
I will praise you forever! Amen and Amen.

(image by manfredrichter on Pixabay)

No comments: