Saturday Psalm #92

It is good to praise you, LORD,
and sing songs to you, O Most High,
to start out my day with praise
and end it with thanks,
to sing songs that remind me of your
great love and faithfulness.

For praising you
is the best mood-lifter in the world,
and worship always screws my head back on right.

I will focus on your works, O LORD,
and try to think your thoughts after you!

I will not be distracted by the works of senseless men,
and fools who lack understanding,
for though their words and deeds may frustrate me,
they flourish only for a time,
and don't even know how soon their lives will end.

But you, O LORD, are exalted forever.
Your enemies will be scattered.
You have entrusted great things to me,
and have blessed me far, far beyond what I deserve.
My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries;
my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes,
time and time again, by your great mercy.

You will make me flourish like a palm tree,
you will cause me to grow like a cedar of Lebanon,
watered by worship,
sustained by fountains of blessing in the house of the LORD,
the courts of our God.

By your grace, I will still bear fruit in old age,
I will stay fresh and green,
always proclaiming, "The LORD is upright;
he is my Rock, and he has been nothing but good to me."

Amen.

No comments: