For Discernment

Heavenly Father,
Every day I am confronted with deception and lies. This world is a confusing place to travel through. Please give me a discerning mind. To follow you I need the ability to differentiate between right and wrong, true and false, good and bad, important and trivial, godly and ungodly. Help me to properly interpret the issues I'm confronted with and understand the motives of people who push a certain agenda. Show me the way through the maze of options that I face in any given day. Please give me discernment that cuts through the confusion and distractions and brings clarity to life, like the sun that burns away the fog. May I always be able to discern the direction in which you are guiding me, and may I always have the courage to follow you.

(an excerpt from the book, 365 Pocket Prayers, by Ron Beers; photo via everystockphoto.com)

No comments: