Forgive My Little Efforts


Father God Almighty, 
you inspired Moses, Samuel, and others 
to write when their best tools 
were papyrus and parchment, 
reed styli and ink made from crushed berries and plants.

For millennia, 
your servants have recorded 
stirring and soaring works 
in caves and cells, 
dusty rooms and mud huts, 
by lamplight and candlelight. 

So many have written so well 
in such circumstances 
as to shame my little efforts 
and shoddy craftsmanship.

So forgive me, Lord, 
when I let tiny obstacles
and minor inconveniences 
compromise my praying and writing. 
Forgive all those times when I could do better 
and make them less and less frequent 
until they sink forever beneath the waves of creativity
imagination,
and productivity,
in Jesus' name, amen.

(photo via unsplash.com)

No comments: